Thursday 14 February 2013

Theme Thursday: Complaining is my favourite

When I saw that this week's Theme Thursday's topic was pet peeves, my first thought was "holy shit, this post is just gonna write itself". I have many pet peeves...MANY. I'm one of those people who is easily annoyed and once something is placed on my Shit List, it's usually there for life. Often to the point I can't remember why it pissed me off in the first place, but my brain tells me there was a perfectly good reason for the hatred, so I should just carry on. A perfect example of this is the city of Portland, Oregon...Portland annoys the shit out of me for some long-forgotten reason and I haven't been anywhere near Portland for at least 20 years. But some primal feeling insists I hate Portland, so I just go with it and continue to despise a city I've probably not visited since I was a kid.

If I were to try and list the rest of my pet peeves, we'd be here all day. It would probably be easier to list the shit that doesn't piss me off, because that list might contain about 6 items. I used to think my Shit List was ridiculous, until I discovered my friend Wade's Shit List, which puts my own to shame. A bunch of us had a group on FB and for a while we did a Wade Hates Wednesday, where we'd all post pics of his pet peeves, which was easy because they are legion, and hilarious because some of the funniest things stick in his craw.

A few examples:

Birthday candles. Maybe at some point his cake caught fire and was ruined. In which case, I'd hate birthday candles too
Lotion totally pisses him off

At least we don't have to worry he'll ever make a suit out of women

If anyone ever wanted to torture Wade, sticking him a room full of balloons would do the trick

I do agree with him about disliking roundabouts...they're highly annoying because no one knows who's turn it is ever. Traffic-calming, my ass

The sun. Wade would make an excellent vampire, I think

I think the sun makes his list because this is what happens to him when he goes out in it. Note: I don't think he hates Will Ferrell, but I could be wrong

The zoo. Probably for the reasons above.
Please click the button to visit other Theme Thursday participants!

16 comments:

  1. I'm with Wade on the sun. I'm, like, half vampire, half albino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing wrong with waiting for the sun to go down to go outside. Sadly, I really hate going outside. Bugs and dirt and all.

      Delete
    2. I like the sun as long as all the hot stays outside...inside hot tops my hate list

      Delete
  2. I've never been I'm a round about, I think I'd be more scared than annoyed though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a small, simple roundabout next to my apartment building and it's amazing how many near accidents I've seen there...no one has any idea who's turn it is, so the all get impatient and try to go at the same time

      Delete
  3. I hate New Orleans...don't know why...don't care.

    I think I'd like your friend Wade, he sounds hysterically difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you came up with 5 random things off the top of your head, I guarantee Wade would hate at least 4 of them lol

      Delete
  4. Hysterically difficult, I like that. I generally categorize myself as enthusiastically incompetent. For the record, I hate Wil Ferrell. He ruined the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, therefore, hate. I love that you wrote a whole blog about my hate, but I hate that you misspelled "favorite".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have business cards that say "hysterically difficult" on them lol

      HOW can you hate Will Ferrell???? Wait, I forgot who i'm talking to :D

      Is NOT misspelled...that's the Canadian spelling...I bet you hate the metric system too

      I think you should start a Wade's Shit List blog and every post is about something you hate...you'd have a lifetime of material!

      Delete
  5. One of the things always on top of my shit list is the cold weather. I must be a masochist or something because as much as I keep complaining about it, I am still living in the east coast. And the funny thing is that tonight I am attending a motorcycle ICE race in Trenton New Jersey, lol

    Riding My Own Biography
    NINJA ZX-14 MotoVlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice race sounds cool, but slightly masochistic lol

      Delete
  6. I think I want to be besties with Wade. At least I know somebody will be more likely to have something to complain about than me. It gets tiring being the biggest bitch after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky, I'm in the market for a bestie. But, I really hate the word "bestie". Can we call each other something else?

      Delete
    2. The best kinds of friends are the ones who hate all the same shit as you lol

      Delete
  7. Imagine living with someone so hateful! haha

    ReplyDelete