Sunday 3 February 2013

Streamlining, technology brain farts and prehistoric bird shit

Last night I decided I needed to streamline my social networking process. It's far easier if everything is under the "Maple Syrup Land" umbrella, so I went and switched everything around...and now when I go on fb I feel like I have multiple personality syndrome because I have to remember if I'm posting as me or Maple Syrup Land or my salon page. I'm living in fear that I'm going to get all confused and start sharing things like this on my work page instead of my MSL page by accident:

Painted penises. Not really appropriate for work. Unless you offer body-painting services.

Also, technology continues to be the bane of my existence because no matter how many times I try to give my blog those little buttons that link to my fb page/titter/pinterest I can never get it to work. Either I'm missing the part of the brain that can understand a tutorial so simple a 5 year old could figure it out, or I'm allergic to words like "HTML" and when I see them I automatically go in to "fight or flight" response mode ("fight" being pounding on the keyboard and calling my laptop a cockbiting asstard..."flight" being giving up and  googling "cakes with booze in them"). I've concluded I need someone to do this computery shit for me and plan on putting an ad on Craigslist that say "Will trade free haircuts and bacon to someone who can do computer-related stuff for me. Must be techno-savy, not smell like sour dirt and despair, and not try to explain what you're doing because I don't want to fucking know, that's what I'm paying you with haircuts and meat for"

In other news, a bird took a massive dump on my balcony. I don't know what kind of evil Birdzilla was ingesting, but I'm now hoping it rains for the next week because I really don't want to spend all day scrubbing petrified liquid shit...I don't think a cleaning product exists that can get rid of that kind of horror. On the other hand, it makes me grateful my son is long out of diapers and I no longer have to deal with explosive pooping episodes 10 times a day...if only I could rid his room of the never-ending foot funk smell that no air freshener can touch, life would be grand and stank-free.

PS You can find me on fb here, on twitter here and pinterest here

4 comments:

  1. It could get confusing switching from one page to the next, that's why I only use one name under my two blogs and all my social networks. It is a mystery to me how, on the other site, multiprofilers can keep their stories straight with so many personalities.

    I gave up using those buttons on my blog, too much technology for me, lol. I just copy the link from my browser and transfer it manually to FB or Twitter.

    Riding My Own Biography
    NINJA ZX-14 MotoVlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The multiprofiler thing would never work for me...I have a hard time remembering what I'm doing at the best of times :)

      Delete
  2. The whole social networking / technology aspect is mystifying to me. I know I need to learn it but I don't so much rather do pretty much anything else. ::: Sigh ::: In other news that picture is hilarious and awesome. I wonder who sits around and is like, "I know what we're going to do today! Garden of Eden body paint complete with snake penis! Brilliant!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I could come up with is maybe it's a Halloween costume...that could suck if he lives somewhere that's -40 in October though lol

      Delete