Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunday Stealing: 20 questions

 Please click the button at the bottom of the page to check out the other Sunday Stealing participants!

First Job: Working for my dad's landscaping company as a teen, which I hated, even though he gave me regular raises to try to stem the tide of bitching and complaining. It didn't work.

First Real Job: Working at a clothing store as a teenager. I was in employee-discount heaven plus I could quit working for my dad. My first career as an adult was as a hairstylist. And 22 years later, I'm still doing it and loving it.

First Volunteer Job: I was on the PAC for 5 years at my son's elementary school. Every time I see a bake sale now, I die a little inside.

First Car: I never owned a car until I got married (my ex had vehicles, but they were old junkers and I hardly ever drove them). We bought a brand new car when my sone was a baby and I still have it...it's a little worse for wear at this point

First Record: I think it was Abba. Don't judge. It was the 70's.

First Sport Played: Softball. I was not good at it at all.

First Concert: Bonjovi at BC place in Vancouver, when I was 17. It was a sea of giant, hair-sprayed permed hair

First Country Visited: USA. I have relatives there...relatives who live close to Disneyland!

First Kiss: In first grade. Can't remember his name but he kissed me then shoved me into a wall. Ahhh, young love!

First Speech: In 8th grade English class. All I remember is quaking with nerves and trying not to pass out

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: 8th grade. His name was Mitch. He was so cute and taller than me, which at that age was rare because I towered over most of the boys at 5'9

First Encounter with a Famous Person: Pamela Anderson. I was at a pub with friends and she came in with her brother (this was back when she was on Home Improvement and Baywatch). Totally nice girl and drop dead gorgeous...I remember my friend being right pissed off with her boyfriend, who practically licking PA's feet and acting all triumphant because he briefly dated PA in high school

First Brush With Death: I've never really had my own brush with death, but one that really affected and devastated me was a friend who passed away several years ago. She was a recovering addict and alcoholic and had completed a rehab program...the last time I spoke to her, she was sober, happy and newly engaged. A couple months later she fell off the wagon and ODed.

First House/Flat Owned: A sweet little house my ex husband and I bought shortly after we got married

First Film Seen at a Cinema: Don't remember. But I vividly remember seeing ET and crying my face off during the entire movie

First Media Appearance (Radio, Newspaper, TV): In 8th grade I won a district-wide short story writing competition and there was an article in the local paper about it

First Hospital Stay: I had a couple day surgeries as a kid, but the first time I stayed over night was when I had my son. The second was when I had a hysterectomy...like the circle of life for my uterus

First Book You Remember Reading: I've been an avid reader all my life but the first series of books I was completely obsessed with was Little House On The Prairie. I wanted to choke Nellie Olsen with her blonde boing-boing curls

First Pet: A gerbil

First Election You Voted In: I think it was a municipal election. No idea who I voted for

4 comments:

  1. I worked for my dad too. I still kinda do...the worse boss ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anyone who has worked for their parents and has insisted it was the best thing ever lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my early love at times can be a bit rough lol
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love in elementary school always seem to be accompanied by shoving lol

      Delete