Thursday 16 May 2013

Got my zen back. Apparently it was in Tofino all this time.

I am way behind on the ABC's of Swearing Challenge ( shit, damn, fuck, douchenozzle) and I am totally out of the blog loop but I have a really good excuse. I was on a mini vacation, reconciling with an old flame and I'm happy to say the whole thing went awesome. He's made some huge, positive lifestyle changes and I'm ridiculously proud how far he's come. The only thing that sucks is that he works up north building an oil refinery and the shifts are looooong...long as in he had his 5 days out and now he won't be back out again until sometime in July. However, he's one of those insane people that thrives on busting his ass in a dangerous job in the middle of nowhere, living in camp keeps him out of trouble and, as much as I care for him, having some distance is not a bad thing for us at this point. Plus, we text back and forth throughout the day so we probably spend more time talking then if he was here.

Anyfuckingways, we spent our mini-holiday in Tofino, which is my favourite place in the world. It rained most of the time, but the suite we stayed in more than made up for the weather. It was pretty luxurious, with a fireplace, a king sized bed that was so comfy you didn't want to get up in the morning, heated floors,  a private hot tub on the deck and Chesterman Beach was just steps away.



Part of the view just off the deck, which I would never ever get tired of admiring

At sunset on Monday night, which was one of the very few times the sun came out. They don't call it The Wet Coast for nothing


We surfed (first time for me, and oh, did I suck at it and got totally beat up by the ocean. Plus I discovered it is not possible to look remotely good or breathe well in a wet suit, but the water is so fucking cold, it's a necessary evil. BUT, it was fun as hell and I can't wait to go again), we golfed (rained out on the 7th hole, which was not entirely bad because I was playing like a blind amputee), we ate (found the best fish tacos in the universe!), we shopped (Best find: this t-shirt for me...

Could I have found a more appropriate shirt for the ABC's of Swearing Challenge? Motherfucking doubtful.
...and this paper made of actual horseshit for Spielberg)
Why yes, I find poop humour just as amusing at 42 as I did when I was 8

Of course I smelled it to see if it really was odorless. Also, buying this made me feel like one of those Rainbow Warrior environmentalist people because recycling poop is hardcore

...and we walked the beach, wandered around town, had lots of naps and spent lots of time relaxing. It was fanfuckingtastic and I cannot wait to go back (which we plan on doing in July).

So The Flame is on his way back to The Great White North, Spielberg comes home tomorrow after school (yay,because I missed him!) and I get back into work mode tomorrow.

What's new with you guys?


16 comments:

  1. They take the oo out of poo? Well I wouldn't fancy that job.

    Welcome back Stacey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious about who figured out that horse shit would make an excellent paper product. And also, how do they get rid of the smell???

      Thank you! That little vacation did my emotional well-being a world of good :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful view. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I loge being able to just unwind. Hope it holds you for a while (well, til July anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everywhere you look in Tofino, it's like a postcard. That place just personifies zen for me

      I hope it holds too...I'm already looking forward to July :)

      Delete
  3. I fucking love Tofino! I love Ucluelet and I think I shall go to Long Beach, yeah, the one on Vancouver Island, eh.

    Do you really want to know what's new with me? Well, okay, thanks. I spent the entire month of April taking the piss, I mean playfully satirising the alphabet challenge.

    Nice to meet you. A confused Canadian from Vancouver sorting out the English and telling them, "No, I'm not from the States, eh!"

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The west side of the island is truly awesome...I love it over there :)

      I think everyone I know who did A-Z is still recovering from it lol

      Good to meet you too!

      Delete
  4. OMG... I'm so jealous. I need a vacation so hard. Also, I'd love to learn to surf!

    I seriously want to hug you and Absorb some of your vacation thru osmosis.

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absorb away, Valerie...I've got extra zen to share :)

      Delete
  5. Jesus H. Christ, your thumbnail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...I have a shellac manicure, which is the only reason my nails look decent...normally they break all the time and are stained with hair colour

      Delete
  6. Good news, I am older than you and poop is still funny. So is your new t-shirt. Tofino is lovely, I had to look it up to find out where it was. We will be headed your way in July.

    Rhonda from Laugh Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think poop will ever stop being funny to me!

      Cool! Whereabouts are you going to be in July? On Vancouver Island or on the mainland?

      Delete
  7. Good to hear you had a great time.

    Riding My Own Biography
    NINJA ZX-14 MotoVlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacey, I'm more of a lurker than a commenter but wanted to drop by and let you know that I've nominated you for an award, you can read about it here - http://abbescookingantics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/reasons-to-be-cheerful.html

    ReplyDelete